2020 Arts Fund
Deadline EXTENDED: Monday, October 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Funding for this program is made possible by:
the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs Greater New York Arts Development Fund
Arts Fund (AF) aims to develop Bronx artists and small arts organizations through its support of high quality arts projects that engage Bronx audiences in a diverse array of artistic works in all disciplines, genres and styles. Bronx-based individual artists, artist collectives and 501c3 arts organizations with an organizational budget below $100,000 are invited to apply for grants of up to $5,000 that contribute to the cultural life of the borough. Individual Bronx residents and artist collectives* do not need a fiscal sponsor; they may apply directly to this program.
Organizations that are receiving direct funding from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in fiscal year 2020 cannot apply for Arts Fund, but can serve as fiscal sponsors, provided the proposed project is NOT in collaboration with the fiscal sponsor.
ORGANIZATIONS: Eligible organizations MUST:
• Provide one of the following forms of proof of non-profit status:
-Internal Revenue Service 501(c)3 letter.
-Charter from Board of Regrants under Section 216 of the NY State Education Law.
- Current NY State Bureau of Charities (Office of the Attorney General) filing receipt.
-Certificate of Incorporation under S. 402 of the NY State Not-For-Profit Law.
• Have a current Bronx street address.
• Have an active Board of Directors.
• Not be recipients of New York City Department of Cultural Affairs funding for Fiscal Year 2019.
INDIVIDUALS/COLLECTIVES: An individual artist or collective MUST
• Provide one of the following forms of proof of Bronx residency (with same address as that of the application)
- NYS Driver’s license
- New York State or New York City ID
- Voter Registration Card
- Mortgage, rent receipt or lease agreement
- Utility bill (e.g., electricity, cable, gas, etc.)
- Credit card or bank statement (first page only; social security number/financial information blacked out)
- NYS or Federal tax return
*One lead artist or administrator with Bronx residency must act as BCA’s primary contact throughout the grant process and accept the award, if funded.
Applicants may submit one Arts Fund application per year. This may be in addition to Community Arts (CA) and New Work (NW), if applicable. Eligible applicants CAN apply to Arts Fund and BRIO, but must choose one if awarded both, as both grants are funded through the same source.
Eligible applicants CAN apply to Arts Fund and Community Arts for the same project.
Eligible applicants CAN apply to Arts Fund and new Work for the same project.
NOTE: PLEASE SEE FULL GUIDELINES AVAILABLE HERE