2021 Community Arts
Deadline EXTENDED: Monday, October 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Funding for this program is made possible by:
the New York State Council on the Arts
Community Arts (CA) grants support local arts projects and activities that enable Bronx communities to experience and engage with the performing, literary, media, and visual arts. Projects may include, but are not limited to: exhibitions, workshop series, performances (all disciplines), festivals, screenings or readings. All projects must be community based and open to the general public.
The program provides support for arts and cultural projects to community-based organizations, groups, collectives or individual artists through grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Local non-profit organizations may apply directly to this program; individual artists or collectives must apply either through a fiscal sponsor, or directly if working in partnership with a community-based non-profit organization based in the Bronx.
Direct NYSCA applicants cannot be fiscal sponsors or partnering organizations, nor apply for Community Arts funding.
ORGANIZATIONS: Eligible organizations MUST:
• Provide one of the following forms of proof of non-profit status:
-Internal Revenue Service 501(c)3 letter.
-Charter from Board of Regrants under Section 216 of the NY State Education Law.
- Current NY State Bureau of Charities (Office of the Attorney General) filing receipt.
-Certificate of Incorporation under S. 402 of the NY State Not-For-Profit Law.
• Have a current Bronx street address.
• Have an active Board of Directors.
• Not have applied directly to NY State Council on the Arts for funding for the Fiscal Year 2021.
INDIVIDUALS/COLLECTIVES: An individual artist or collective MUST
• Provide one of the following forms of proof of Bronx residency (with same address as that of the application)
- NYS Driver’s license
- New York State or New York City ID
- Voter Registration Card
- Mortgage, rent receipt or lease agreement
- Utility bill (e.g., electricity, cable, gas, etc.)
- Credit card or bank statement (first page only; social security number/financial information blacked out)
- NYS or Federal tax return
IMPORTANT: Individual artists and artist collectives must apply for funds either through a fiscal sponsor, or directly if working in partnership with a community-based non-profit organization based in the Bronx. Both fiscal sponsors and community partner organizations must meet the same basic eligibility requirements as applicant organizations, which are listed above. Community-based non-profit partners are required to provide a letter of commitment confirming the partnership with the applicant and outlining the scope of the partnership, i.e., venue/space, marketing support, community outreach, or staff/admin support, etc. Direct NYSCA applicants cannot be fiscal sponsors or partnering organizations.
Applicants may submit up to three requests per year between Community Arts (CA) and New Work (NW). Eligible applicants CANNOT apply to CA and NW for the same project. Total request of all applications submitted cannot exceed $5,000.
Eligible applicants CAN apply to Community Arts and Arts Fund for the same project.
NOTE: PLEASE SEE FULL GUIDELINES AVAILABLE HERE
(Guidelines available soon)