2019 Arts on the Block
Deadline: Monday, June 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Funding for this program made possible by:
the New York State Council on the Arts Decentralization Program, with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) Arts on the Block is a grassroots initiative designed to support small local organizations and block associations to increase attendance to their neighborhood block parties and/or single block festivals. A limited number of small grants of up to $500 are available through this initiative. Funds are specifically earmarked for arts activities open to all block party and single block festival participants, and can only be used for artist fees. (Examples include DJ’s, spoken word artists, musicians, singers, dancers, etc., or other artists whose activities will enhance block party attendance.) The initiative is especially focused on supporting the work of organizations that are new to BCA and could become future grantees for arts programs. Therefore, preference will be given to smaller organizations and those who have not applied for a grant from BCA in the past. Funded activities must take place between June 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY FOR ARTS ON THE BLOCK GRANTS:
• Organizational applicants must:
- be based in the Bronx with a Bronx address,
- have existed for at least one year, and
- show proof of non-profit status and have an active board of directors.
• Block, tenant or resident associations must:
- be based in the Bronx with a Bronx address
- have existed for at least one year
APPLICANTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BCA GRANTS IF:
• They received a BCA grant in a previous year, but failed to submit a Final Report.
• They received funding from NYSCA in the same fiscal year.
• They are a public university or college, a public, private or parochial school, or a New York City or State agency or department.
FUNDING FOR ARTS ON THE BLOCK IS EXCLUSIVELY PROVIDED FOR:
• Artists fees for arts activities at block parties or single block festivals in the Bronx.
Eligible applicants CANNOT apply to Arts Fund, Community Arts, or New Work for the same project as Art on the Block.
NOTE: PLEASE SEE FULL GUIDELINES AVAILABLE HERE https://www.bronxarts.org/grants/arts-on-the-block/