Opportunities for Bronx Individual Artists, Arts Organizations, and Artist Collectives
The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) offers grant funding and program opportunities to support community-centered arts and culture projects and to recognize outstanding local artists.
Applications are accepted from individual artists, artist collectives, and nonprofit arts or community organizations for projects in a wide variety of disciplines, including dance, visual arts & crafts, theater, music, film & video, opera, folk arts, interdisciplinary arts, literary arts, multi-disciplinary art forms, and others.
Emerging and pre-professional artists, women artists, artists of color, artists with disabilities, artists who identify as LGBTQ, and artists from other historically excluded communities and demographics are strongly encouraged to apply.
Open Call – Book Cover Design
DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2024, 11:59 PM
Description: Bronx Council on the Arts is seeking a Bronx-based photographer and/or visual artist to design a cover for The Bronx Memoir Project Volume VIII, a multi-genre anthology written during the 2023-2024 Bronx Memoir Project Workshop Series. The Bronx Memoir Project offers free, professionally-led memoir writing workshops across the Bronx. Aligned with BCA’s mission to elevate local narratives and stories, the Bronx Memoir Project helps amplify local voices and document Bronx history through an array of writing tools, along with the professional development needed for writers to publish on their own. The book will be self-published by the Bronx Council on the Arts and distributed through amazon.com.
- All visual media that can be reproduced in print may apply (Photography, Illustrations, Prints, Paintings, etc.)
- Please submit one image per artist.
- Only submit JPEG, PDF or TIFF files.
- Must be high resolution -- 300 dpi or higher.
- Image can be color or B&W.
- The image must depict a scene set in the Bronx (i.e. scenic, street scenes, symbolic, etc.) open to interpretation by the artist.
- Submit up to a paragraph about your image and how it relates to the goals and intentions of the Bronx Memoir Project (more information here): CLICK FOR SUBMISSION FORM
- Both; the artist and BCA retain reproduction rights to the image, with credit always given to the artist as the creator of the image.
- Stipend of $500 will be provided.
- Deadline is April 1, 2024, at 12:00 AM.
Eligibility Requirements: Artist / Creative Must be a Bronx resident.
Are you a performer, visual artist, arts critic, arts historian, musician, curator, other artist or arts professional, or arts engaged community leader?
The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) seeks artists, arts professionals, and nonprofit and community leaders to serve as panelists for our 2024 and future grant cycles.
BCA offers several grantmaking programs and distributes more than $750,000 of grant funds every to Bronx artists, collectives, and nonprofit organizations. BCA Panelists review and score applications, provide invaluable panelist comments, and recommend recipients for funding. They play a key role in the grants process, and their knowledge and expertise are crucial in shaping the way public arts funds are distributed.
If this is you and you would like to help make a difference in the Bronx, please apply to serve on one of our grants panels!
Potential panelists from all boroughs are welcome to apply, as BCA’s different grant programs require panelists from in and outside of the Bronx. BCA supports panel diversity in all forms: age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, artistic discipline, location, etc.
Selected panelists will be contacted when needed. All panelists receive an honorarium.
For more info on BCA's grants, please visit this link.